Continuous training - integrated with lifelong training - is a learning process which enables the acquisition of new professional skills and knowledge for the following profiles:
- Job seekers
- Persons whose diploma is more than 2 years old, returning to school
- People on a professionalization contract last year or those who wish to sign a professionalization contract
All the training courses offered by IMPGT, from the Bachelor's degree to the Doctorate, are available for continuing education. (subject to fulfilling the conditions for admission and complying with the application procedure).
Admission requirements for continuing education
The training courses offered by IMPGT are in the field of "law - economy - management". To be able to follow one of them, you must have the required level in this field. If not, you have the possibility to do a Validation of Professional Experience (VAP).
- VAP's approach : Validation of professional experience - This allows you to directly enter a university course without having the required diploma, by having your professional experience (salaried or not) validated. Note that the VAP is paid and is only valid for 2 years.
Rates & Financing
Registration fees vary according to the mention and speciality of the course.
In continuing education, registration fees can be paid by employers as well as funding and/or collecting organizations (OPCO). It is also possible to benefit from an individual training leave or an individual right to training or individual training aid.
The IMPGT is one of the bodies approved by the Ministry of Territorial Cohesion and Relations with Local Authorities after the opinion of the National Council for the Training of Locally Elected Officials.
Themes proposed by the IMPGT :
- The elected member and their needs: communication of the elected members, the elected member of the local executive, the elected member of the deliberative assembly.
- Legal aspects: controls of the regional chambers of accounts, territorial civil service law
- Managerial aspects: human resources, project management, attractiveness of territories, budget and finance.
Do you have specific needs? IMPGT's pedagogical team is at your disposal to co-construct adapted training courses.
The trainings can be given in the IMPGT's premises in Aix-en-Provence or In remote locations (from 10 participants).
The rate is discounted according to the number of inhabitants in the commune / EPCI.
More information on the training of local elected officials
Act No. 2015-366 of 31 March 2015, aimed at facilitating the exercise of their mandate by local elected officials, introduces a new individual right to training for local elected officials as of 1 January 2016. Its aim is to improve the training of local elected officials, both in the exercise of their mandate and with a view to their professional reintegration at the end of their term of office. Each elected official benefits from an Individual Right to Training (DIF) of 20 hours per year, which can be accumulated throughout the term of office and up to 6 months after the expiry of their mandate. This DIF is financed by the compulsory annual contribution of 1% payable by the elected representative, paid to the Caisse des Dépôts et Consignations.
All elected officials benefit from this right, including elected officials who do not receive an allowance for their duties. As a result, and thanks to this annual contribution, training courses that interest elected officials may be financed, upon request, by the Caisse des Dépôts et Consignations, which has two months in which to rule and provide a response to the elected official.
Do you have specific training needs for your employees/agents?
In partnership with the Service de Formation Professionnelle Continue d'Aix-Marseille Université, IMPGT adapts to your needs and can create short non-degree courses.