- Initial training - continuing education
- Work-linked training
- Eduniversal Ranking: 12th
Presentation of the training
The Master's Degree in Management of Health and Social Establishments (MESS), registered with the RNCP and eligible for the CPF, is organized on a work-study basis and is open to both initial and continuing training. The MESS Master's Degree trains in management and leadership in the health and social sector and defends the human values of this sector: good treatment, benevolence, solidarity, mutual aid, freedom, tolerance, equality, respect.
The MESS Master's Degree is part of the necessary evolution of the health and social sector (laws of 2002, 2005, 2009, 2015). The rapid changes in their institutional and legal environment require the provision of specific methodological axes of analysis and management for managers in this sector. The methods and tools provided in this Master's program, as well as the fields of expertise it develops, enable access to positions of responsibility in establishments that cater for the public in the field of health, social or medico-social monitoring policies.
At the end of the two years of the MESS Master's Degree, the graduate is able to coordinate all the activities of their institution in order to guarantee a better change of users.
To this end, they are able to:
- respect the rights of users and master the main principles of civil responsibility; carry out, conduct and control studies aimed at improving the economic efficiency, social and ethical performance of its structure.
- design, implement and update an establishment project, taking into account the constraints and coordinating the different actors of the project.
- develop strategies adapted to the internal and external context of its establishment.
- set up, monitor and evaluate innovative projects based on the pooling of resources and skills.
- manage and assess the risks of its institution and to draw up and update the Single Risk Assessment Document (SRAD).
- build and manage the quality approach.
- anticipate and manage a crisis in the institution.
- supervise the actions of his department, leading his work teams and motivating his staff. know how to listen to and integrate the points of view of his employees.
- produce a high level of communication while adapting the construction of reports and notes according to the sensitivity of the receivers.
- negotiate with the regulatory authorities and to meet all regulatory requirements.
- negotiate with the various internal and external stakeholders.
- analyze the various accounting documents.
- build and manage a provisional budget, but also to calculate and correct differences between the provisional and executed ones.
Organization of the training
This Master's Degree is organized in alternating periods: 1 week of courses/3 weeks in an establishment (professionalization contract, internship or employment).
The duration of presence in the institution must be a minimum of 23 weeks. The missions entrusted to the students must be in line with the responsibilities assigned to the Director of the institution.
The academic and professional lecturers of the MESS Master's program combine various teaching methods:theoretical presentations, case studies, role-playing, role-playing and exchanges, allowing the student to become an actor in their training. Indeed, the transfer of knowledge is based on teaching situations similar to those encountered at work.
Content of the training
Managing social performance in health and social sector establishments (9 ECTS)
Responsible management of human resources
Ethics and good conduct
Public health and social policy (6 ECTS)
Health and social policies
Evaluation of public policies in the health and social sector
Innovation and foresight in the health and social institutions sector (6 ECTS)
Settlement strategies and innovation
Methods and tools for strategic foresight
Quality and risk management in health and social institutions (9 ECTS)
Quality of the service relationship and internal/external evaluation
Semester 4 :
Managing economic performance in health and social sector establishments (9 ECTS)
Accounting environment of the Director of the establishment
Diagnosis of financial communication
Dashboards and health and medico-social indicators
New managerial perspectives in the health and social sector (6 ECTS)
Negotiation and crisis management
Management of information systems Leadership conference
Professional integration (12 ECTS)
Methodology for project development and updating
Methodology of memory
Internship and dissertation
Further education and job opportunities
At the end of the two years, this Master's Degree prepares students for the position of director of an establishment (private or public) in the medical, medico-social and social sectors. The holder of the MESS Master's Degree may also hold management positions, be in charge of a partner service in the health and social sector, or be in charge of a health network or social network for people in difficulty, or be a project manager or consultant.
Admission is subject to an application and an individual interview.
Partnerships & training highlights
Examples of training highlights:
- MESS Conference: bringing together students, professionals and researchers to discuss issues related to the management and running of health and social institutions.
- Job Dating MESS
- MESS Seminars
- Meetings with representatives of groups and non-for-profit organizations in the health and social sector
The MESS Master's degree is a quality, dynamic course taught by dedicated professors. A subtle assembly of students in continuing and initial training who bring added value to the training by sharing knowledge and experience, and who lead to an exchange in a collaborative network of sustainable mutual aid and a position of Director. The training advocates participatory management by example and highlights the intrinsic values of the individual by sharing the human values of employees in the health, social and medico-social sector. Thank you for this sharing.
The master's degree has great strengths: the lectures by professionals, the numerous group work, the diversity of the students. If I were to give some advice to future students: realise how lucky you are to be trained by professionals, take advantage of the work-study programme to apply what you have learned, debate with other students, share your ideas, take a step back, reflect, learn, and above all, drive the changes that seem good to you. The master's programme made me understand the importance of teamwork, communication between professionals and the impact of a manager's behaviour on his teams. Today I am an autonomy planner: autonomy counsellor for families with loved ones in loss of autonomy. [...]
The Master MESS fits perfectly into my professional project. Indeed, this very comprehensive training promotes individualized contact between students and the teaching team. The various courses, modules and lectures given by specialists in the sector allow a more relevant understanding of the professional environment and the ability to apply the theoretical aspect of the training to the reality of our structures.
The MESS training at the age of 47 was extra-ordinary: meeting with these young students sweeping the gaps in age, culture, universe, going through a world health crisis leading us to leave each other too quickly but linked by social networks to share our experiences in our different sectors, from health to medico-social, accompanied by a serious, competent teaching team, listening to its students in a new context.