- Initial training - continuing education
- Work-linked training
Presentation of the training
The Master's Degree in Management of Health and Social Establishments (MESS), registered with the RNCP and eligible for the CPF, is organised on a work-study basis and is open to both initial and continuing training. The MESS Master's Degree trains in management and leadership in the health and social sector and defends the human values of this sector: good treatment, benevolence, solidarity, mutual aid, freedom, tolerance, equality, respect .
The MESS Master's Degree is part of the necessary evolution of the health and social sector (laws of 2002, 2005, 2009, 2015). The rapid changes in their institutional and legal environment require the provision of specific methodological axes of analysis and management for managers in this sector. The methods and tools provided in this Master's programme, as well as the fields of expertise it develops, enable access to positions of responsibility in establishments that cater for the public in the field of health, social or medico-social monitoringing policies.
At the end of the two years of the MESS Master's Degree, the graduate is able to coordinate all the activities of their or her institution in order to guarantee a better change of users.
To this end, they are able to :
- respect the rights of users and master the main principles of civil responsibility; carry out, conduct and control studies aimed at improving the economic efficiency, social and ethical performance of its structure;
- design, implement and update an establishment project, taking into account the constraints and coordinating the different actors of the project;
- develop strategies adapted to the internal and external context of its establishment;
- set up, monitoring and evaluate innovative projects based on the pooling of resources and skills;
- manage and assess the risks of its institution and to draw up and update the Single Risk Assessment Document (SRAD);
- build and manage the quality approach;
- anticipate and manage a crisis in the institution;
- supervise the actions of their department, leading their work teams and motivating their staff. know how to listen to and integrate the points of view of their employees;
- produce a high level of communication while nuancing the construction of reports and notes according to the sensitivity of the receivers;
- negotiate with the regulatory authorities and to meet all regulatory requirements;
- negotiate with the various internal and external stakeholders;
- analyze the various accounting documents;
- to build and manage a provisional budget, but also to calculate and correct differences between forecasts and actuals.
Organization of the training
This Master's Degree is organized in alternating periods: 1 week of courses/3 weeks in an establishment (professionalization contract, internship or employment).
The duration of presence in the institution must be a minimum of 23 weeks. The missions entrusted to the students must be in line with the responsibilities assigned to the Manager of the institution.
The academic and professional lecturers of the MESS Master's Degree program combine various teaching methods : theoretical presentations, case studies, role-playing, role-playing and exchanges, allowing the student to become an actor in their or her training. Indeed, the transfer of knowledge is based on teaching situations similar to those encountered at work.
Content of the training
Organizational Management (6 ECTS)
The fundamentals of management
Tools and quality approach
Project of establishment or service in the health and social sector (6 ECTS)
Project methodology applicable to the management procedure of the establishment or service project.
Legal and institutional environment of institutions in the health and social sector (9 ECTS)
Actors and governance in the health and social sector
Comparative health systems Criminal labour law-Management of People (6 ECTS)
Management and prevention of psychosocial risks
English (3 ECTS)
Accounting (6 ECTS)
Project Management (6 ECTS)
Applied research method
Strategic management of organizations (6 ECTS)
Strategic Steering EHS Marketing
Building your professional project (12 ECTS)
Methodology of memory
Internship and dissertation
Further education and job opportunities
At the end of the two years, this Master's Degree prepares students for the position of Manager of an establishment (private or public) in the medical, medico-social and social sectors. The holder of the MESS Master's Degree may also hold management positions, be in charge of a partner service in the health and social sector, or be in charge of a health network or social network for people in difficulty, or be a project manager or consultant.
Admission is subject to application and individual interview.
Partnerships & training highlights
Examples of training highlights :
- MESS Conference: bringing together students, professionals and researchers to discuss issues related to the management and running of health and social institutions.
- Job Dating MESS
- MESS Seminars
- Meetings with representatives of groups and non-for-profit organizations in the health and social sector
I am in charge of the Health Care Organization Department (DOS). In particular, I am the territorial referent (financial supervision of establishments in the Alpes-Maritimes), and in charge of appraising structuring investment projects with the Regional Investment Committee. […]Read more
I am in charge of the Health Care Organization Department (DOS). In particular, I am the territorial referent (financial supervision of establishments in the Alpes-Maritimes), and in charge of appraising structuring investment projects with the Regional Investment Committee.
What I like most about my job:
The fact that my current functions allow me to deepen my understanding of public policies related to the management of the healthcare offer and to develop my skills in the coordination of inter-directional work, network animation and management of complex projects.
Diploma obtained at the IMPGT :
My job consists of ensuring the operational management of the health and dental centers in the Bouches-du-Rhône department (19 in total) in conjunction with the multi-site managers, but also of participating in Oxance's strategy with the general management. I work in collaboration with the Territorial Manage […]Read more
My job consists of ensuring the operational management of the health and dental centers in the Bouches-du-Rhône department (19 in total) in conjunction with the multi-site managers, but also of participating in Oxance's strategy with the general management.
I work in collaboration with the Territorial Manager. We are responsible for the good organization of the centers, the efficiency of the structures and the quality of the care offered. The missions are rich and varied: human resources management (390 employees), change management, project management, strategic steering, quality approach... All of this in a teamwork environment!
What I like most about my job :
- The autonomy of the position, especially in the organization of my work.
- The territorial and multi-site vision in my daily work.
- The encounters with different situations every day, on a large territory with various profiles of professionals.
Diploma obtained at the IMPGT :